Aurora Inn is currently seeking full-time/part-time Line Cooks in Aurora, Ohio. In this role, you will be responsible for accurately and efficiently cooking meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as preparing and portioning food products prior to cooking. You might also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
• A minimum of two years of cooking experience
• The ability to stand for long periods of time
• The capability to follow recipes and plate specifications
As a Maintenance Technician you will be required to perform routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor utilities and assist in ensuring the safety of guests and associates in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
* Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, swimming pool, and all other parts of the facility.
* Conduct inspections for Preventative Maintenance needs.
* Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
* Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
* Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications.
* Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
* Maintain regular attendance, consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
*Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. Working knowledge of some or all of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry is required. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, Maintenance Technicians are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
* Stand or walk more than 2/3 of the time
* Sit less than 1/3 of the time
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 75% of time
* Reach with hands and arms 75% of time
* Reach overhead with hands and arms 25% of time
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance 50% of time
* Carry / Lift /Push/Pull up to 75 lbs or more.